Wednesday, October 16, 2024

My bike, restoration plan and goal

This last weekend I had displayed my Honda MBX80 at the Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show in Stafford for the second year running, read the report here.  For next years show I dont want to show the Honda as my main bike (hopefully it still will be there) so all my attention and focus switches to my AF1 as my main show bike.

So the line in the sand will be that it must be ready by October 25 for display at the Stafford show. the countdown starts now....

As it is today 16/10/2024

Jobs to do

Bodywork - already own NOS LH + RH fairing panels, NOS fairing V piece. See here:
Nose fairing is 9/10 its status is TBC pos replacement or paint?
Fuel tank - repainted
Seat Unit - repainted

Decal kit - ebay £110


Front + rear saddles need recovering - ebay, £132 + fitting

Powder coating

Swing arn + rear subframe + misc part

New bolts - stainless steel + alloy

Cleaning and polishing - various parts

Top yoke - possible needs replacing?

Engine - cleaning

There are a few big jobs there, but actually nothing to crazy to get it show ready. My first job is to pull it apart and prioritise jobs, obviously I will blog each step so you can see the process. the dates are not out yet for the 2025 show but I expect it to be the weekend 11th/12th October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My bike, restoration plan and goal

This last weekend I had displayed my Honda MBX80 at the Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show in Stafford for the second year running, read the ...